The main sources for deal news are: UKTN, Business Cloud, Insider Media, Prolific North
Data and Format taken from UKTN’s Investment Tracker. Data from other sources are mixed up with UKTN’s Investment Tracker and I am sure there must be lot more data missing from here. Appreciate if you could let me know of any other UK tech deals missing from here. Thank you.
Covered by Techcelerate Deal News Edition #7 (w/c 30th July 2018)
A total of £108.73 million was raised by 14 companies over the last 7 days including two from Manchester:
- Manchester based LegalTech company, Link App (SaaS) founded by former BBC TV Apprentice star Lauren Riley in 2014 raised £340,000 from Mercia Fund Management and Development Bank of Wales taking total investment to date to £500,000.
- Manchester based hosting company, Miss Group raised £6.4 million Series A from BGF.
- Chester based EdTech company, Nexus Labs raised undisclosed seed round from GM&C Life Sciences Fund (managed by Catapult Ventures) and Alderley Park Ventures (managed by BioCity) to launch Surgical Teaching.
- Shrewsbury based cyber security company, Hazy raised £1.38 million Seed round from UCL Technology Fund (lead investor), Nationwide Building Society, Pentland, Amadeus Capital Partners and AI Seed.
- Reading based supply chain company, VirtualStock (SaaS) raised £3.42 million Series A funding under EIS rules increasing post money valuation to £69.5 million.
- London based crypto mining company, Argo Blockchain raised £25 million through an IPO.
- London based market place company, Macrigi raised £140,000 Seed round.
- London based peer-to-peer lender Fintech company, Zopa founded in 2005 raised £44 million.
- London based MarTech company, Akkroo raised £1.75 million Series A from Conviction Investment Partners (CIP).
- London based SaaS Fintech company, Smartr365 which supplies systems to the UK mortgage intermediary market raised £3 million from Legal and General.
- London based data analytics company, Quantexa (SaaS) raised £15.2 million Series B from Dawn Capital, HSBC and Albion Capital.
- London based InsureTech company, FloodFlash raised £1.9 million Series A round from LocalGlobe, Pentech Ventures and InsurTech Gateway.
- London based ecommerce company, Waldo (contact lenses) raised £3.7 million from PROfounders Capital, YYX Ventures and Tectonic Capital.
- London based recruitment market place, Bright Network (connecting students to carrier opportunities) raised £2.5 million from Maven Capital.
Covered by Techcelerate Deal News Edition #6 (w/c 23rd July 2018)
A total of £151.69 million was raised by 14 companies over the last 7 days:
- Yorkshire based Yboo raised £2 million (25% equity + 75% Debt) from Angelfish Investments.
- Cambridge based HealthTech company, Healx raised £7.58 millionSeries A from Balderton Capital, Jonathan Milner and Amadeus Capital.
- Bristol based SaaS company, Brightpearl raised £11.4 million growth funding from Cipio Partners, MMC Ventures and Notion Capital.
- Cheltenham based Data Analytics company, Ripjar raised unsolicitedamount from Accenture Ventures.
- Scotland based HealthTech company, Snap40 raised £6.10 millionSeries A from ADV and MMC Ventures.
- Scotland based HealthTech company, Care Sourcer raised £8.50 millionSeries A from Legal & General and ADV.
- Milton Keynes based SaaS company, Collision Management Systemsraised £1.25 million from BGF.
- London and Athens based HealthTech company, Causaly raised £760,000 Seed from Emerge Education , Matt Clifford, Charlie Songhurst, Marathon Venture Capital.
- London based MarTech company, globalwebindex raised £30 millionSeries A from Stripes Group.
- London based HealthTech company, Evodental (dental implant specialist) raised £4 million Series A from BGF.
- London based FinTech company, CloudTrade (e-invoicing) raised £2 million Series A from Calculus Capital.
- London based VR/AR company, Improbable raised £76.3 million growth capital from NetEase (China).
- London based InsureTech company, By Miles raised £1 million Seed from JamJar Investments, InMotion Ventures, Jaguar Land Rover’s venture capital fund, insurTech Gateway (Hambro Perks and Lumleys).
- London based PropTech company, Reposit raised £500,000 Seed from Weisz Investments and Avonmore Developments.
Covered by Techcelerate Deal News Edition #5 (w/c 16th July 2018)
A total of £325 million was raised by 20 companies over the last 7 days including Manchester based ParkCloud:
- Manchester based TravelTech company ParkCloud raised £4 million from Mercia Fund Managers.
- Lancashire based EnergyTech company, Extreme Low Energy raised £750,000 from Maven Capital Partners.
- Cardiff based W2 Global Data raised £1.25 million from Mercia Fund Management, Development Bank of Wales and and TTI Angels.
- Bristol based MarTech company, Mention Me raised £5.29 million Series A from Eight Road Ventures.
- Birmingham based LegalTech company Clarilis raised £3.10 million from NVM Private Equity.
- Birmingham based Travel SaaS company, Click Travel raised undisclosed multi million investment round from BGF.
- Cambridge based Software debugging company, Undo raised £10.63 million Series B from Cambridge Innovation Capital. Undo transforms the way your organisation handles software quality issues.
- London based MedTech company Lifebit, which offers reproducible genomics analysis in minutes raised £2.28 million Seed funding from Connect Ventures, Pentech Ventures, Beacon Capital and Tiny.
- London based FashionTech company, RangeRoom raised undisclosed investment round from Manchester based Kamani Capital Fund.
- London based fitness App, Auro raised £450,000 Seed round.
- London based Fintech company, TrueLayer which provides financial APIs raised £5.77 million Series B from Northzone.
- London based Fintech company, Tradeteq which connects trade finance originators with institutional investors raised £4.79 million from Accelerate Digital Ventures (ADV).
- London based travel market place, Secret Escapes raised £52 million growth equity round from Old Mutual Global Investors.
- London based Blockchain startup Provenance raised undisclosed Seed round from Peter Gabriel, Working Capital (lead investor), the Digital Currency Group, Merian Ventures and Plug and Play.
- London based messenger app, Guild raise £910,000 Seed from 28 private investors via SeedLegals.
- London based eCommerce company, Moteefe raised £1 million from Livingbridge.
- London based Hardware and EdTech company Pi-Top raised £11.52 million Series B from Hambro Perks, Committed Capital, Global Brain Corporation, Parkwalk Advisors and existing investors. Pi-Top makes experimenting, coding and building electronics simple, affordable and fun.
- London based Fintech company, Greensill raised a whopping £189 million from General Atlantic valuing the company at £1.25 billion and creating another unicorn in the process. The co-founder and CEO of Greensill holds a MBA from Manchester Business School. Greensill provides Supply Chain Finance around the world.
- London based Satellite company, Orbex secured £30 million investment from UK Space Agency (UKSA), Sunstone Technology Ventures, High-Tech Gründerfonds, Elecnor Deimos Space, European Space Agency (ESA) and European Commission Horizon 2020 programme. Orbex plans to launch small satellites into orbit from UK spaceport using renewable fuel.
- London based InsureTech company, Digital Risks raised £2.25 million pre-Series A funding from Concentric, Atami Capital, Seedcamp, London Co-Investment Fund and Beazley.
Covered by Techcelerate Deal News Edition #4 (w/c 9th July 2018)
A total of £72.46 million was raised by 12 companies including MirrorWeb and Immotion from Manchester:
- London based Lending Works raised £2.8 million from Maven Capital Partners, Pollen Street Capital and NVM Private Equity. Lending Works is a peer-to-peer lending platform. #Fintech
- London based Voltaware raised £2.5 million from BP Ventures. Voltaware allows you to manage your energy use and reduce your bills. #EnergyTech
- Manchester based Immotion Group raises £6 million through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) on London Stock Exchange. Immotion Group provides immersive VR cinematic experiences. #VR/AR
- London based Emma closes £420,000 Seed from Kima Ventures, Aglae Ventures (part of the Group Arnault) and angel investors. Emma helps you in avoiding overdrafts, finding wasteful subscriptions and giving the control you need over your finances. #Fintech
- London based Olio raised £4.32 million Series A from Octopus Ventures, Accel, Quadia and Quentin Griffiths. OLIO connects neighbours with each other and with local shops so surplus food and other items can be shared, not thrown away. #FoodTech
- London based Seatfrog lands £4.5 million Series A from Octopus Ventures and HOWZAT. Seatfrog allows you to bid for last minute train seat upgrades. TravelTech
- London and San Francisco based Tractable closed £18 million Series B from Insight Venture Partners. Tractable reviews accident damages and predicts repair costs to settle claims faster. #InsureTech
- London based Story Terrace raised £617,200 from Seedrs crowdfunding. Market place for matching ordinary people with writers. #MarketPlace
- London based TaxScouts raises £300,000 from Charlie Delingpole, Charlie Songhurst and Picus Capital. TaxScouts is a bot that helps you understand your personal income tax situation and suggests ways to reduce the tax bill. #Fintech
- Edinburg based DYSIS Medical raised £18 million from Lundbeckfonden Ventures. DYSIS Medical provides imaging systems for detection of cancerous and pre-cancerous lesions. #MedTech
- London based Moneybox bagged £14 million in funding from Eight Roads, Oxford Capital Partners and Samos Investments. Moneybox app facilitates easy investment of your spare change. #Fintech
- Manchester based MirrorWeb raised £1 million investment from Maven Capital Partners. MirrorWeb provides web and social media archiving for business and government. #SaaS
Covered by Techcelerate Deal News Edition #3 (w/c 2nd July 2018)
A total of £65.98 million was raised by 7 companies:
- Nottingham based blockchain powered Player Lands, a new marketplace for online gamers have secured a £200,000 investment from Mercia Fund Managers.
- London based PropTech company eMoove has surpassed the crowdfunding target of £1 million (currently at £1.403 million). Having recently brought together three of the biggest names in digital estate agency into one, Emoov, Tepilo and Urban combined to become the second largest player in the rapidly growing ‘online’ and ‘hybrid’ sector.
- London based Fever gets £15.14 million Series C from Atresmedia, Labtech, Accel Partners and 14W Ventures. Fever allows you to discover the best events in your city.
- Bought By Many, Europe’s leading insurance technology company secures £15 million in Series B from CommerzVentures, Munich Re, HSB Ventures, Octopus Ventures and Evelyn Bourke. The company negotiates discounts, cashback and freebies with insurers for the things you care about.
- London based FinTech startup Paysend gets £15.14 million to shake up global remittances from MarCorp Financial and existing investors. Paysend is a money transfer platform allowing you to send funds from card to card.
- Durham, North East based SaleCycle secures £11.5 million from BGF. SaleCycle helps marketers increase their conversion rates, recover abandoned sales and drive customer loyalty.
- Atomico leads £7.6 million Series A investment into London data startup Oden Technologies with EQT Ventures, Inbox Capital and Seed investors. Oden provides data acquisition hardware and process analytics software for manufacturers to eliminate waste, increase output and achieve better production.
Covered by Techcelerate Deal News Edition #2 (w/c 25th June 2018)
A total of £67.75 million was raised by 12 companies including Manchester based Peak:
- Welsh startup Talkative raises undisclosed funding round to help businesses connect with online customers from Wesley Clover, Development Bank Wales, angel investors and founding executive team.
- London SaaS startup Yoobic gets £18.8 million to expand to the US from Insight Venture Partners and Felix Capital.
- AndCo gets £800,000 from angel investors to connect freelancers with unused venue space.
- Beringea backs analytics firm Aistemos in £3 million round.
- AI powered Signal Media lands £12 million to provide personalised news feeds from GMG Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline, Hearst Ventures, Reed Elsevier Ventures and LocalGlobe.
- HealthTech startup uMotif closes £2.4 million round led by Albion Capital.
- A Million Ads gets £2.3 million to deliver targeted advertisement from GMG Ventures and Edge Investments.
- Travel start-up Triptease raised £3.02 million funding from BGF and Notion Capital.
- Manchester based data analytics start-up Peak secures further £1.5 million investment from MMC Ventures and Praetura Capital.
- Rental platform Movebubble Surpasses £800,000 funding target on Seedrs.
- Seedcamp startup LabStep raised £1 million Seed from business angels.
- Blockchain powered trade platform TradeIX Secures £12.09 million through Series A funding Round led By ING Ventures, Kistefos, BNP Paribas and Tech Mahindra.
Covered by Techcelerate Deal News Edition #1 (w/c 18th June 2018)
A total of £82.05 million was raised by 13 companies including Manchester based Vibe Tickets:
- Cardiff based DevOpsGroup raised £3 million from BGF for acquisition of AgileSnap.
- London based MyTutor raised £5 million from Mobeus Equity Partners.
- London based Beamery raised £21.13 million from EQT Ventures, Index Ventures, Edenred Capital Partners and Angelpad Fun.
- London based EdTech company Matr raised £4.75 million from UCL Technology Fund and Downing Ventures.
- Manchester based Vibe Tickets raised £0.2 million from Vela Technologies after the pre-pack.
- Hull based Moodbeam raised £0.2 million from Mercia.
- London based crypto currency open accounting company Xriba has raised £9.57 million in Token Crowdsale which ends on July 7th.
- Bristol based HealthTech company Micrima raised £4.4 millionfrom Technology Venture Partners, The Angel CoFund(ACF) and Venture Founders.
- London based HealthTech company Live Better With raised £5.31 millionfrom Downing Ventures, Forward Partners and DMG Ventures.
- London based enterprise email company Tessian raised £9 millionfrom Balderton Capital, Accel. Amadeus Capital Partners, Crane, LocalGlobe, Winton Ventures and Walking Ventures.
- London and San Francisco based SaaS enterprise integration company Tray.io raised £10.65 million from GGV Capital, True Ventures, Mosaic Ventures and AngelPad.
- London based Gospel Technology raised £1.4 million in Seed funding from LocalGlobe, Michael Pennington and Vivek Kundra.
- London based Cyber Security company Panaseer raised £7.44 million in Series A funding from Evolution Equity Partners, Notion Capital, Albion Capital, Winton Ventures, Paladin Capital Group and Cisco Investments.
Old format (no longer sustainable):
- #Manchester Pimberly raises £2m of growth capital – the last tranche of £3m Series A from Merica Equity Finance.
- #Leeds SatSense founded by two university professors raise £750k seed funding from Mercia, Unipart Rail and University of Leeds.
- #Manchester Airtime raises £1m funding round including £750k from Maven.
- Metaboards has secured $5 million investment to bring its patented, state-of-the-art wireless charging technology to market from Oxford Sciences Innovation (OSI) with additional funds from investors RT Capital Management Inc and Woodford Investment Management Ltd.
Old format (no longer sustainable):
- #NorthWest #ConsumerTech Vibe Tickets rewrites the cap table with Scott Fletcher re-investing.
- #London #ConsumerTech Hospitality management service Airsorted has raised £2.1m, hitting its original £1m Seedrs crowdfunding target in four days from 1,271 investors. Airsorted’s Series A exceeds £7 million thanks to £2m crowdfunding. Earlier in March, the start-up raised £5 million from investors including Atami Capital, Concentric, Maxfield Capital and Pi Labs.
Date announced Company Round Size ($m) Round Size (£m) Round Key investors Industry Located in Link to news story Source 26/04/2018 Revolut 250 179.55 Series C DST Global FinTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/revolut-charges-ahead-with250m-raise-led-by-yuri-milners-dst-global-20180426 UKTN 26/04/2018 MediaGamma 2.79 2 Series A UCL Technology Fund, ParkWalk Advisors, London Co-Investment Fund AI/SaaS London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/ucl-spinout-mediagamma-receives-2m-20180226 UKTN 26/04/2018 Amplience 37 26.57 Series C Octopus Ventures RetailTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/retailtech-firm-amplience-lands-37m-from-octopus-ventures-20180426 UKTN 25/04/2018 Pusher 8 5.73 Series A Balderton Capital, Heavybit Software London https://www.uktech.news/news/api-provider-pusher-raises-8m-to-help-app-developers-20180425 UKTN 25/04/2018 Fat Lama 10 7.17 Series A Blossom Capital RetailTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/fat-lama-lands-10m-to-grow-rental-marketplace-in-the-us-20180425 UKTN 25/04/2018 Natterbox 6.96 5 Series A Octopus Investments Communicaton London https://www.uktech.news/news/global-com-firm-natterbox-nabs-5m-from-octopus-investments-20180425 UKTN 25/04/2018 Glownet 2.78 2 Series A Downing Ventures Events London https://www.uktech.news/news/glownet-secures-2m-series-a-to-bring-smart-tech-to-events-20180425 UKTN 24/04/2018 Impala 1.75 1.25 Seed Greg Marsh, Demetrios Zoppos TravelTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/impala-raises-1-75m-traveltech-api-service-20180424 UKTN 24/04/2018 Culture Trip 80 57.27 Series B PPF Group TravelTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/culture-trip-bags-80m-series-b-as-it-looks-to-hire-top-silicon-valley-talent-20180424 UKTN 24/04/2018 Immotion 0.70 0.5 Seed Sure Ventures VR/AR Manchester https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/sure-ventures-pours-500000-into-vr-firm-immotion-20180424 UKTN 23/04/2018 ClauseMatch 5 3.58 Series A Index Ventures, SpeedInvest, Talis Capital RegTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/regtech-firm-clausematch-lands-5m-series-a-led-by-index-ventures-20180423 UKTN 23/04/2018 OnCare 0.77 0.55 Seed Founders Factory HealthTech London UKTN 20/04/2018 Irresistible Materials 0.27 0.2 – Mercia Fund Managers Materials Birmingham https://www.uktech.news/news/food-intelligence-platform-yumpingo-raises-1m-from-f1-boss-20180420 UKTN 20/04/2018 Yumpingo 1.4 1 Seed Ross Brawn, Steve Parish, Keith Taylor, Tara Donavon FoodTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/food-intelligence-platform-yumpingo-raises-1m-from-f1-boss-20180420 UKTN 20/04/2018 Feast It 0.95 0.68 Seed Undisclosed FoodTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/catering-booking-platform-feast-it-lands-680000-to-expand-nationwide-20180420 UKTN 20/04/2018 BookingBug 13.4 9.58 Series C PeakSpan Capital , Downing Ventures Software London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/bookingbug-nabs-13-4m-boost-growth-20180423 UKTN 19/04/2018 BenevolentAI 115 81.82 – Woodford Investment Management AI London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/benevolentai-raises-115m-months-after-expanding-to-new-york-20180419 UKTN 18/04/2018 Aula 4.2 2.93 Seed Project A, Brighteye Ventures, Sunstone, Nordic Makers EdTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/edtech-communication-platform-aula-lands-4-2m-seed-20180418 UKTN 18/04/2018 Open Cosmos 7 4.89 Series A BGF Ventures, LocalGlobe, Entrepreneur First, Taavet Hinrikus, Charlie Songhurst SpaceTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/spacetech-open-cosmos-scores-7m-to-launch-cheap-satellites-20180418 UKTN 18/04/2018 Personably 0.35 0.5 Seed Rocket Internet’s Global Founders Capital, Matt Robinson, Caroline Sage Hiring London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/personably-raises-500k-to-automate-employee-onboarding-20180418 UKTN 18/04/2018 GetRentr 0.35 0.5 Seed Life Ventures, EPIC Private Equity LLP PropTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/geo-spatial-property-compliance-platform-getrentr-closes-seed-20180418 UKTN 17/04/2018 Lingumi 1.72 1.2 Seed Accelerated Digital Ventures EdTech London and Cardiff https://www.uktech.news/news/edtech-app-lingumi-raises-1-2m-seed-to-teach-english-to-toddlers-20180417 UKTN 16/04/2018 Mixcloud 11.5 8.03 N/A WndrCo Audio London https://www.uktech.news/news/streaming-site-mixcloud-lands-11-5m-in-its-first-funding-round-20180416 UKTN 11/04/2018 Eoovi Seed ick O’Neill, Gary Monaghan and Peter Borner. Video Manchester http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/homeless-entrepreneurs-land-funding-for-video-platform Business Cloud 11/04/2018 ReadBeard 0.19 0.13 Seed British Robotics Seed Fund AI Birmingham http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/robotics-fund-invests-in-redbeard-app-developers Business Cloud 11/04/2018 vTime 7.6 5.31 Series A Deepbridge Capital, MSIF VR/AR Liverpool http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/vr-social-network-vtime-secures-76m-boost Business Cloud 09/04/2018 beautystack 1 0.7 Seed LocalGlobe, Mark Sebba, David Rowan, Julien Codorniou Beauty Tech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/founder-of-wah-nails-sharmadean-reid-gets-1m-for-her-new-beauty-tech-app-20180409 UKTN 09/04/2018 TVSquared 8 6 Venture West Coast Capital, Scottish Investment Bank AdTech Edinburgh https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/edinburgh-based-tvsquared-raises-additional-8m-20180409 UKTN 05/04/2018 Arkera 5.59 4 N/A XTX Markets, Alan Howard, DOCOMO Digital, Henry Ritchotte AI London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/ai-investment-startup-arkera-gets-4m-to-continue-developing-its-platform-20180405 UKTN 05/04/2018 Origami Energy 26 18.6 Series B Aggreko,Octopus Ventures, Cambridge Innovation Capital, Fred Olsen related companies EnergyTech Cambridge https://www.uktech.news/news/energy-monitoring-platform-origami-energy-lands-18-6m-series-b-20180405 UKTN
Old format (no longer sustainable):
- Invizius, a spin-out company which hopes to save the lives of thousands of dialysis patients has received £500k backing to grow and further develop its technology from Mercia Fund Managers.
- #London BookingBug nabs $13.4m to boost its growth from PeakSpan Capital and Downing Ventures.
- Oracle acquired Grapeshot, a contextual targeting startup. Terms were not disclosed
- #London RegTech firm ClauseMatch lands $5m Series A led by Index Ventures from Index Ventures, SpeedInvest and Talis Capital.
- #London OnCare closes £550,000 Seed to digitise the care industry from Founders Factory.
- #Manchester Sure Ventures pours £500,000 into VR firm Immotion.
- #London Pusher raises $8m to help app developers build interactive features with less code from Balderton Capital and Heavybit.
- #London Fat Lama gets $10m to grow its rental marketplace in the US from Blossom Capital, Atomico and existing investor Y Combinator.
- #London Global comms firm Natterbox nabs £5m from Octopus Investments.
- #London Glownet secures £2m Series A to bring smart tech to events from Downing Ventures.
- #London Impala raises $1.75m for its TravelTech API service from Greg Marsh and Demetrios Zoppos, founders of private home rental service onefinestay, and the HOWZAT Partners group.
- #London #Fintech #AI investment start-up Arkera has secured £4m in a new funding round from XTX Markets (Alan Howard), DOCOMO Digital (Henry Ritchotte), and other unnamed backers.
- #Birmingham Redbeard which develops code for Apple apps has secured £130,000 investment from the British Robotics Seed Fund
- #Liverpool vTime, social network that allows people to socialise with family and friends in virtual reality (VR), has raised $7.6m in funding from Deepbridge Capital and MSIF.
- #Manchester Paul Gardiner and Brian Higgins to push ahead with video compression platform Eoovi after ‘significant’ cash injection from Rick O’Neill, Gary Monaghan and Peter Borner.
Date announced Company Round Size ($m) Round Size (£m) Round Key investors Industry Located in Link to news story Source 29/03/2018 Renephra Deepbridge Capital, Catapult Ventures HealthTech Manchester http://www.finsmes.com/2018/03/renephra-raises-undisclosed-funding-round.html FinSMEs 28/03/2018 Airportr 7.45 5.3 Series A Stobart Group, Hargreave Hale, VCT’s and Force Over Mass Capital Delivery/Transport London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/exclusive-airportr-gets-5-3m-to-help-passengers-check-in-bags-prior-to-travel-20180328 UKTN 26/03/2018 SuperCarers 5.39 3.8 N/A Mobeus Equity Partners, Seneca Partners HealthTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/supercarers-raises-3-8m-to-provide-personalised-care-for-those-in-need-20180326 UKTN 26/03/2018 Pharmacy2U 56.9 40 N/A G Square Capital, the BGF HealthTech Leeds https://www.uktech.news/news/leeds-based-pharmacy2u-lands-40m-to-grow-online-prescription-service-20180326 UKTN 23/03/2018 Coeus Software 0.85 0.6 Seed Maven/NPIF Software Cumbria https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/600k-npif-boost-for-cumbria-tech-firm Insider Media 22/03/2018 Matillion 20 14.19 Series B Sapphire Ventures, Venture Partners Data Altrincham https://www.uktech.news/tech-hubs/the-north-of-england/manchester/manchester-based-matillion-gets-20m-round-led-silicon-valley-vc-20180322 UKTN 22/03/2018 Everledger 10.4 7.38 Series A Fidelity Investments, GMP Securities, Vickers Ventures Partners, Graphene Venture Capital Blockchain London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/blockchain-tracking-platform-lands-10-4-m-series-a-20180322 UKTN 21/03/2018 Hive Learning 4.92 3.5 N/A Blenheim Chalcot EdTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/hive-learning-raises-3-5m-to-develop-ai-technology-20180321 UKTN 21/03/2018 OpenSignal 8 5.6 Series B Octopus Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, Passion Capital Data analytics London https://www.uktech.news/news/mobile-network-tracker-opensignal-gains-8m-to-expand-team-20180321 UKTN 20/03/2018Gorrilla In the Room Seed Mercia Fund Managers VR/AR Brighton https://gorillaitr.com/2018/03/20/gorilla-in-the-room-raises-seed-funding-to-revolutionise-market-research/ Company 20/03/2018 Eight Roads Ventures 375.63 267 Series D Made.com SMEs London https://www.uktech.news/news/eight-roads-ventures-raises-267m-to-back-promising-tech-scaleups-20180320 UKTN 20/03/2018 Funding XChange 2.11 1.5 Series A Calibrate Management Ltd, Kimera FinTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/funding-xchange-raises-1-5m-to-help-fund-smes-20180321 UKTN 19/03/2018 mpb.com 7 5 Series B Mobeus Equity Partners, Beringea Commerce London https://www.uktech.news/news/second-hand-camera-marketplace-mpb-com-snaps-5-million-20180319 UKTN 19/03/2018 Popsa 4.21 3 Seed Pembroke Venture Capital Trust AI London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/popsa-gets-3m-invest-artificial-intelligence-20180319 UKTN 19/03/2018 Made.com 56.12 40 Series D Partech Ventures, Level Equity, Eight Roads Ventures E-commerce London https://www.uktech.news/featured/made-com-bags-40m-european-expansion-20180319 UKTN 19/03/2018 Tempo 1.40 1 Seed Hambro Perks Recruitment London http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/1m-investment-for-video-ai-platform-tempo Business Cloud 16/03/2018 AccessPay 1.36 1 Series B Maven/NPIF FinTech Manchester https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/accesspay-backed-by-1m-npif-investment Insider Media 15/03/2018 Blue Vision Labs 14.5 10.37 Series A GV, Accel, Horizons Ventures, SV Angel AR London https://www.uktech.news/news/ar-startup-blue-vision-labs-secures-10-37m-in-funding-led-by-google-ventures-20180315 UKTN 15/03/2018 StepLadder 0.34 0.25 pre-Seed Seedcamp PropTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/exclusive-stepladder-raises-250000-to-get-generation-rent-on-to-the-property-ladder-20180315 UKTN 15/03/2018 Streetbees 12 8.6 Series A Atomico, LocalGlobe, Octopus, BGF Ventures AI London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/streetbees-bags-12m-to-grow-their-global-ai-research-platform-20180315 UKTN 15/03/2018 Knowledge Officer 0.84 0.6 Seed Abdullah AlShaheen, Ian Hurlock EdTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/edtech-app-knowledge-officer-raises-600000-to-bridge-uk-skills-gap-20180315 UKTN 15/03/2018 Drover 7.72 5.5 Seed Cherry Ventures, Partech, BP Ventures Mobility London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/drover-gets-5-5m-for-its-online-car-marketplace-20180315 UKTN 15/03/2018 Honcho 0.85 Seed CrowdCube, Finance Durham Fund/Maven InsurTech Durham http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/insurance-tech-start-up-honcho-raises-850k Business Cloud 14/03/2018 Tech Will Save Us 4.2 3 Series A Initial Capital, Backed VC, SaatchInvest, AllBright, Unltd-inc, Leaf VC EdTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/uk-startup-tech-will-save-us-lands-4-2m-20180314 UKTN 14/03/2018 Wefarm 5 3.59 Seed True Ventures, Niklas Zennström AgriTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/agritech-startup-wefarm-tops-seed-additional-5m-20180314 UKTN 13/03/2018 Airsorted 6.96 5 Series A Pi Labs, Atami Capital Hosting London http://www.finsmes.com/2018/03/airsorted-raises-5m-in-series-a-funding.html FinSMEs 13/03/2018 ResponseiQ 1.18 0.85 Seed Fuel.Ventures, Mactaggart & Mickel Investments, Trend Investments Sales London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/instant-sales-callback-widget-responseiq-secures-850000-seed-20180313 UKTN 13/03/2018 Zilico 18.74 13.5 Corporate MaxHelath Medical Group, Deepbridge Capital HealthTech Manchester https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/business-news/tech-firm-zilico-secures-135m-14282055 MEN 13/03/2018 CurrentBody 6.96 5 Private Equity NVM Private Equity RetailTech Stockport https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/nvm-leads-5m-retail-investment Insider Media 12/03/2018Cloud Technology Solutions Private Equity NorthEdge IT Services Manchester http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/northedge-invests-in-cloud-technology-solutions Business Cloud 12/03/2018 Avanite 0.69 0.5 Seed Dow Schofield Watts Angels Software Warrington http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/angel-investors-back-warrington-software-firm Business Cloud 12/03/2018 Gousto 39.6 28.5 Equity Hargreave Hale, Angel CoFund, MMC Ventures, BGF Ventures On-demand London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/gousto-draws-additional-28-5m-investors-20180312 UKTN 09/03/2018 GradTouch 0.35 0.25 Seed Maven/NPIF Recruitment Manchester https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/manchester-tech-firm-secures-250k-npif-investment Insider Media 08/03/2018 Luther Systems 1.5 1.07 Seed Firstminute Capital, Henry Ritchotte, Martin Bartlam FinTech London https://www.uktech.news/the-week-in-tech/the-week-in-tech-atoms-149m-raise-amazons-alexa-goes-rogue-and-more-20180309 UKTN 07/03/2018 Atom 206.96 149 Venture Spain’s BBVA , Tosca Funda FinTech Durham https://www.uktech.news/the-week-in-tech/the-week-in-tech-atoms-149m-raise-amazons-alexa-goes-rogue-and-more-20180309 UKTN 06/03/2018 Hummingbird Technologies 4.16 3 Corporate Sir James Dyson, The European Space Agency, Newable Private Investing, Velcourt AgriTech London http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/sir-dyson-invests-in-agritech-firm Business Cloud 02/03/2018 TickX 4.16 3 Series A BGF Ventures, Ministry of SOund, 24Haymarket Search Engine London https://www.uktech.news/tech-hubs/the-north-of-england/manchester/ticket-search-engine-tickx-scores-3m-series-led-bgf-ventures-20180302 UKTN 01/03/2018 Hold 1.1 0.8 Seed Founders Factory EdTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/norwegian-edtech-startup-hold-launches-in-london-following-800000-raise-20180301 UKTN 898.72 642.10
Old format (no longer sustainable):
- #Manchester Altrincham-based technology company Matillion has closed a $20m funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, Scale Venture Partners and YFM Equity Partners.
- #Manchester #Fintech AccessPay raised another £1m from Maven Capital Partners.
- #Manchester #ITServices Cloud Technology Solutions gets investment from NorthEdge for international expansion.
- #Manchester GradTouch secures £250,000 investment from Maven Capital Partners.
- #Manchester #SaaS Pimberly secures 7 figure investment from North Edge Capital.
- #Manchester #EventsTech Ticket search engine TickX scores £3m Series A from BGF Ventures, Ministry of Sound and Haymarket.
- #NorthWest #HCM Workforce mobility platform, Coeus Software secures an investment of more than £600,000 from Maven.
- #NorthWest #SecurityTech Scott Fletcher acquires 50% stake in Cyber X from Energize Capital.
- #NorthWest #eCommerce CurrentBody.com secures £5m investment from NVM Private Equity.
- #NorthWest Avanite secures £500k investment from 30 angel investor syndicated by Dow Schofield Watts.
- #NorthEast Atom Bank raises £149m from Spain’s BBVA and Tosca Fund.
- #NorthEast #InsuranceTech Honcho raises £850k from Maven Capital and Crowdcube.
- #Yorkshire #Leeds Mercia sells stake in Leeds software Science Warehouse firm for £16.9m to Advanced Business Software and Solutions.
- #Yorkshire #Leeds #Healthcare Pharmacy2U, Britain’s biggest online pharmacy, has raised £40m from investors including G Square Capital and the BGF
- #Midlands Birmingham-headquartered Voxpopme has received the funding from Mercia Technologies.
- #Midlands #Nottingham #ITServices Northedge Capital sells IT Service Firm, Jigsaw24 to Alcuin Capital Partners in a secondary buyout.
Blockchain tracking platform Everledger lands $10.4m to prevent fraud from Fidelity Investments, GMP Securities, Vickers Ventures Partners, Graphene Venture Capital, FPV, Fenbushi, Bloomberg Beta and Rakuten.
- #London Mobile network tracker OpenSignal gains $8m to expand team from Octopus Ventures.
- #London Hive Learning raises £3.5m to develop AI technology from Blenheim Chalcot.
- #London Funding XChange raises £1.5m to help fund SMEs from Calibrate Management Ltd and Kimera.
- #London Made.com bags £40m for European expansion from Partech Ventures, Level Equity and Eight Roads Ventures.
- #London #AI Popsa has raised £3 million as it bids to take over the photobook market from Pembroke Venture Capital Trust, 500 Startups and Sir John Hegarty.
- #London Video AI recruitment platform Tempo has secured £1 million investment from Hambro Perks
- #London StepLadder raises £250,000 to get ‘Generation Rent’ on to the property ladder from Seedcamp.
- #London #AgriTech startup Wefarm tops up Seed with an additional $5m from True Ventures, Niklas Zennström, Matt Mullenweg, Bryan Meehan, Norrsken Foundation, LocalGlobe and Accelerated Digital Ventures (ADV).
- #London $12m investment for StreetBees intelligence platform from Atomico, LocalGlobe, Octopus and BGF Ventures.
- #London #AR Blue Vision Labs, which builds ‘collaborative’ AR, emerges from stealth with $14.5M led by GV.
- #London Tech Will Save Us raises $4.2M for its tech-focused range of toys from Initial Capital and partners with Disney
- #London #M&A Huge UK tech exit as Experian acquires 2-year-old credit checking startup ClearScore for £275 million
- #London Drover picks up £5.5M funding for its car subscription marketplace from Cherry Ventures, Partech and BP Ventures.
#London Instant sales callback widget ResponseiQ secures £850,000 from Fuel Ventures, Mactaggart & Mickel Investments and the founders of Trend Investments.
#London Airsorted Raises £5M in Series A Funding from Pi Labs and Atami Capital.
#London Gousto draws an additional £28.5m from investors from Hargreave Hale, Angel CoFund, MMC Ventures and BGF Ventures
- #London Luther Systems, a London-based enterprise blockchain company, received $1.5m from a host of European investors
- #London #Analytics #AgriTech Hummingbird Technologies secures £3m from Sir James Dyson, The European Space Agency, Newable Private Investing and Velcourt.
- #London #Edtech Norwegian startup Hold launches in the UK following £800,000 raise from Founders Factory.
- #London #Fintech #M&A Tandem acquires money management app Pariti.
- #SouthEast Brighton based Second-hand camera marketplace mpb.com snaps £5m from Mobeus Equity Partners and Beringea.
#SouthEast #AR #VR Gorilla in the room raises seed funding to revolutionise market research from Mercia.
- #Scotland FreeAgent recommended £53m takeover offer by RBS.
- #US HQ with #NorthEast Moltin raises $8m from Underscore VC, Connect Ventures and Frontline Ventures.
Date announced Company Round Size ($m) Round Size (£m) Round Key investors Industry Located in Link to news story Source 27/02/2018 Peakon 22 15.9 Balderton Capital, EQT Ventures, IDInvest and Sunstone Data analytics London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/peakon-lands-22m-in-round-led-by-balderton-capital-20180227 UKTN 23/02/2018 Vesta 2.92 2.1 Seed Bob Wigley, Chris Lacey, David Ritchie PropTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/exclusive-vesta-raises-2-1m-online-property-rental-marketplace-20180223 UKTN 22/02/2018 GeoSpock 6.6 4.75 Series A Cambridge Innovation Capital, Parkwalk advisors, Sir Michael Marshall, Global Brain, 31 Ventures Data analytics Cambridge https://www.uktech.news/tech-hubs/the-east-of-england/cambridge/cambridge-based-geospoke-scores-additional-6-6m-20180222 UKTN 22/02/2018 Voxpopme 1.39 1 SeedMercia Technologies Birmingham http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/video-analytics-firm-bags-six-figure-investment Business Cloud 21/02/2018 3Radical 4.1 3 Seed David Newton, Christopher McCann MarTech Bristol https://www.uktech.news/news/exclusive-martech-firm-3radical-raises-3m-from-uk-tech-investors-20180221 UKTN 21/02/2018 StatusToday 3.91 2.8 Seed LocalGlobe, Notion Capital, Firstminute Capital AI London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/ai-startup-statustoday-closes-seed-led-by-saul-kleins-localglobe-20180221 UKTN 20/02/2018 Homie 4 2.9 Seed Connect Ventures, Seedcamp, Venture Friends, The Family PropTech London https://www.uktech.news/tech-hubs/the-south-east-of-england/london/proptech-startup-homie-gets-4m-help-londoners-find-home-20180220 UKTN 20/02/2018 SHE Software 4.1 3 Private Equity NVM Private Equity Software Scotland https://www.uktech.news/tech-hubs/scotland/scotlands-software-lands-3m-crack-us-20180220 UKTN 20/02/2018 BlackCurve 0.68 0.5 Seed Mercia Fund Managers, Nick Kingsbury AI London http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/ai-pricing-firm-secures-500k-investment Business Cloud 19/02/2018 Re:infer 3.5 2.5 Venture Touchstone Innovations, Crane Ventures, Seedcamp,Dr J ason Kingdon AI London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/ai-startup-reinfer-gets-3-5m-to-develop-cognitive-automation-tech-20180219 UKTN 19/02/2018 Out There Seed MSIF and Andrew Windsor SaaS Chester https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/digital/2018/02/six-figure-investment-chester-based-saas-company Prolific North 16/02/2018 Luminous Group 0.35 0.25 Seed Mercia VR/AR Newcastle http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/mercia-backs-vr-software-firm-with-250k-investment Business Cloud 15/02/2018 Gravity Sketch 1.7 1.2 Seed Forward Partners VR/AR London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/forward-partners-leads-vr-startup-gravity-sketchs-seed-20180215 UKTN 14/02/2018 PowerLinks 6.3 4.58 Series A Foresight Group AdTech London, Manchester https://www.uktech.news/news/adtech-startup-powerlinks-closes-series-crack-us-20180214 UKTN 12/02/2018 Ditto 3.6 4 Series A IP Group AI Manchester http://tech.eu/brief/ditto-funding/ TechEU 08/02/2018 We Got POP 2.8 2 Venture Octopus Ventures, AllBright, Andy Phillipps, Henrik Schäfer, Richard Fearn, Richard Northcott FilmTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/filmtech-startup-we-got-pop-raises-2m-to-boost-us-expansion-20180208 UKTN 07/02/2018 Open Energy Market 4.1 3 N/A Calculus Capital Energy Tech Surbiton https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/open-energy-market-lands-3m-online-trading-platform-20180207 UKTN 06/02/2018 Spirable 2 1.25 Seed Frontline Ventures, Downing Ventures, 24 Haymarket,True MarTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/video-startup-spirable-gets-1-25m-in-round-led-by-frontline-ventures-20180206 UKTN 05/02/2018 Energi Mine 15 9.38 ICO ICO Blockchain Manchester https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/02/128002-energi-mine-public-ico-raises-4-million-81-minutes/Crowdfund Insider 05/02/2018 Lightful 5.5 4 Series A Nick Mason, Dario Franchitti MarTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/lightful-gets-4m-from-backers-including-pink-floyds-nick-mason-20180205 UKTN 05/02/2018 Zebra Fuel 2.5 1.8 Seed LocalGlobe Energy Tech London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/localglobe-leads-zebra-fuels-2-5m-seed-20180205 UKTN 02/02/2018 Factmata 1 0.7 Seed Biz Stone, Craig Newmark, Mark Cuban, Ross Mason, Mark Pincus, Sunil Paul AI London https://www.uktech.news/news/investment-news/twitters-biz-stone-backs-anti-news-startup-factmata-20180202 UKTN 02/02/2018 Medopad 28 20.1 Series A Founders Factory, The Research Council of Norway, Innovation Norway, StartupLab HealthTech London https://www.uktech.news/news/uk-healthtech-firm-medopad-raises-26m-as-part-of-potential-120m-china-deal-20180202 UKTN 01/02/2018 One Utility Bill 0.9 0.65 Seed Middleton Enterprises, Pi Labs PropTech Newcastle https://www.uktech.news/tech-hubs/the-north-of-england/newcastle/newcastle-based-one-utility-bill-closes-650000-seed-20180201 UKTN 126.95 91.3
Old format (no longer sustainable):
- #Manchester #HealthTech Tech firm Zilico secures £13.5m investment to boost expansion from Deepbridge Capital.
- #NorthWest Six-figure investment for Chester-based SaaS company, Out There by MSIF.
- #NorthEast #VR Luminous Group grabs £250k Investment from Mercia.
- #Cambridge #Analytics GeoSpock scores an additional $6.6m from Cambridge Innovation Capital and Parkwalk Advisors.
- #SouthWest #MarTech 3Radical gets £3m from UK tech investors.
- #Scotland SHE Software lands £3m to crack the US from NVM Private Equity.
- #London #HCM Peakon lands $22m from Balderton Capital, EQT Ventures, IDInvest and Sunstone.
- #London #HCM AI startup StatusToday closes $3.91 Seed round from LocalGlobe.
- #London #PropertyTech Vesta raises £2.1m for its online property rental marketplace
- #London #PropetyTech Rental Platform Homie Raises $4m from Connect Partners and Seedcamp.
- #London #SaaS UCL spinout MediaGamma receives £2m from UCL Technology Fund, ParkWalk Advisors and London Co-Investment Fund.
- #London #SaaS #Analytics AI startup Re:infer gets $3.5m to develop cognitive automation tech by Touchstone Innovations.
- #London #InsuranceTech UK tech company Lombard Risk acquired for £52.08m by Vermeg.
- #London #RetailTech AI pricing firm BlackCurve secures £500k investment from Mercia.
- #London #AdTech PowerLinks closes £4.58m Series A to crack the US. from Foresight Group.
- #London #VR VR startup Gravity Sketch’s £1.2m Seed from Forward Partners.
- #London #EnergyTech Zebra Fuel’s $2.5m Seed from LocalGlobe.
- #London #EnergyTech Open Energy Market lands £3m for its online trading platform from Calculus Capital.
- #London #Martech Video startup Spirable gets £1.25m in round from Frontline Ventures.
- #London #MarTech Lightful gets £4m from backers including Pink Floyd’s Nick Mason.
- #London #FilmTech We Got POP raises £2m to boost US expansion from Octopus Ventures.
Old format (no longer sustainable):
- #Manchester #MediaTech Radio streaming platform receives £300k investment from FW Capital Debt Finance.
- #London #PropertyTech Ahauz launches after raising £2.9m from Forward Partners.