After some lengthy dialogue, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has finally given Techcelerate the ability to grant AWS Credits. This means Techcelerate is an AWS Activate Provider (official terminology).
My personal journey with AWS started in 2007 when we used S3 and SQS for building edocr.com.
Then I had the privilege to host their Chief Evangelist, Jeff Barr four times in Manchester and Daresbury. Those early days, AWS had no staff in Europe. Today, they have a sizeable team in the UK, and AWS is the natural choice for tech product companies.
Techcelerate Member Companies can now take advantage of:
- $5,000 in AWS Promotional Credit valid for 2 years
- 1 year of AWS Business Support (up to $5,000)
- 80 credits for self-paced labs
I’m glad to be working with AWS once again.
Do I need an AWS account to join AWS Activate?
Yes. You need an active AWS account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one for free. If you already have an account, you can find your account ID on the AWS Billing and Cost Management console. If you have an account but it isn’t active, contact AWS Support.
How long does it take to process AWS Activate applications?
Applications are processed in 7-10 days, once an application is received. Processing can take longer if the information provided in the application is not accurate or incomplete.
What if a company of ours is having trouble signing up?
Companies applying for AWS Activate should ensure they are submitting up-to-date and accurate application information. Application tips include using the correct company URL, copying and pasting the Org ID (case sensitive) onto the application, and providing an accurate AWS Account ID.
How is Promotional Credit applied to the bill?
Promotional Credit is applied to the AWS Account ID provided on the application. The AWS Promotional Credit will be applied to the cost of services incurred from the 1st of the month in which the credit was applied. Promotional Credit cannot be applied retroactively for previous months.
Please refer to the AWS Activate FAQ for more information.
Please note Techcelerate works exclusively for British (UK) tech companies, with the majority of our companies based out of Manchester and London. We are not planning to extend AWS Credits to companies not registered in the UK.
Update 1 (March 2020)
Now you can apply for up to $100k AWS credits. You will initially be awarded $5k credits. The velocity of your burn will dictate how much more credits you can have up to AWS. All determined by AWS and Techcelerate has no control over it.
Update 2 (Jan 2021)
Unfortunately due to the unprecedented demand on AWS credits during the Covid-19 pandemic, AWS has reduced the amount of credits Techcelerate can request to $5k. I believe you can still get up to $100k by husting directly with AWS.
- Can I buy AWS Credits from Techcelerate? No, you cannot.
- My company is not registered in the UK. Can I apply for AWS Credits via Techcelerate? No. We only work with UK Tech companies.
- How can I apply for AWS Credits via Techcelerate? You would need to join Techcelerate first.
- Could I join Techcelerate just to get AWS Credits? No.
- Can I join Techcelerate, get AWS Credits and not be part of anything else Techcelerate does? No.
- Why can’t I join Techcelerate and just get AWS Credits? We are building a trusted network for tech founding and management teams. You should join Techcelerate for the overall benefits it brings to accelerate your journey, which require your full engagement including developing significant trust with us, fellow tech companies, our partners and specialists.
- What is the cost of joining Techcelerate? See Membership plans to suit your level of revenues and investment.
- Who do I need to convince at Techcelerate? Just schedule a call with Manoj.